Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crash and Burn


I get really frustrated that I can't handle stress like most people.  One glitch can send me into a tailspin that is difficult to recover from.  I am blessed to have a husband that is so capable of taking care of the situations that I can't seem to handle.  I hate not being strong enough to carry my end of the load but the bipolar takes over at certain times and the triggers take me down hard.  I feel a tremendous amount of guilt over the fact that my family is so affected my illness.  I  was in an plane crash when I was twelve years old and the fear, pain, and anxiety that I experience now are worse than that actual crash was for me.  Doesn't make sense.  Thank goodness I can recover from the "crash and burns" much quicker than I have been able to in years past.  I feel thankful for the progress we have made in learning how to live with the bipolar in the best way that we can.  Many, many thanks to my husband and kids.  I literally couldn't do this without their love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment