Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Friendship Magic

I found this poem years ago and it became a favorite of mine. I have been meaning to post it for awhile. Every friendship I have ever had has brought something beneficial into my life. Without the support of so many, I would not be here today. Thanks.


It seems where ever I go
people come into my life,
or go out of it.
Touching me where ever I can feel,
then leaving me only a memory,
like the gossamer fairy tales of children,
easily forgotten-
and I wasn't through knowing them.
How do I know who i am seeing
for the last time?
How do you halt your life
to keep those around you
you've never known?
And how do you keep fairy tales
from losing their magic?
So come- brush against the walls
of my life
and stay long enough for us to
know each other.
Even though we'll have to part sometime,
and we both know the longer you stay
the more I'll want you back
when you're gone.
But come anyway-
for fairy tales are the happiest
stories we read
and great books are made of little chapters.

Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment