Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One of Those Days...


It has been one of those days...just wait until it's over and hope that I will be better tomorrow. I get discouraged not being able to be who I really feel that I am. And I find that I go through times of grieving over and over, feeling so sad for what this illness has done to me and my family. I have to remind myself that I am in a wonderful place in comparison to years past. I need to remember to be grateful for the progress we have made and all that we have learned. Today I pulled out my "Bipolar Disorder for Dummies" book and re-read everything that I already know. Sometimes it just helps to feel validated for what I am experiencing. It is real and it is hard.

2 comments:

  1. Dina, you are so strong. I know you don't feel that way, but I admire you AND your family so much. I do know how hard it is (well, at least I kind of do). I know what it's like not to feel like the person you really are. I love you so much and I'm sorry for what you have to go through. I am always here for you. I wish I could just take it all away for you. I would if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, it is good to have friends who can relate to what I go through. Thanks for your love and support. I think we pretty much completely understand each other!

    ReplyDelete