Monday, October 12, 2009

The Original Ten



I have been contemplating the blessings in my life. At times I tend to be overwhelmed with the sadness that has been a part of my life for so many years and I forget to recognize the incredible blessings that I have been given. My extended family has been completely supportive throughout the years. As I have learned how to deal with the realities of Bipolar Disorder, my family has learned along with me. They have given me allowances when they are needed, accepted and loved me in spite of my mistakes, taken me in during my recovery times, and continually prayed for me and my family. They have let go of any expectations, which relieves me of any pressure I may put on myself and allows me to do my best without the fear of failing. I cannot stress enough how critical it is for me to feel loved, validated, understood and accepted, no matter what. They have given me that. I will love them forever.

3 comments:

  1. yay for family! and feeling loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stress enough how critical it is for me to feel loved, . . . . . . .

    Perhaps that is the best feeling in the world.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete