Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jamie Darger


I love my brother, Jamie's, poetry. I have already blogged a few of his and I just came across this one yesterday.


"Soon My Cheeks Will Rust"

the light of the setting sun
parades across the perforated
contour of the punch-out
mountains hovering in the distance.

and as the sun falls, so does my guard.

tears gather in the corners of my eyes
pushing and shoving to be the next
down my face.
soon they weigh down my smile.

with each blink, sorrow brings
yet another stream of despair
that floats the distance to my jaw.

the street lights that begin to come alive
reflect some hope
in the trails on my face, but still,
like some Indian warrior
painted for war, dressed in defeat,
they run.

soon my cheeks will rust.

jamie darger
1993

No comments:

Post a Comment