Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Glenn Close, Sister Jessie Close Tackle Mental Illness Awareness - ABC News

Glenn Close, Sister Jessie Close Tackle Mental Illness Awareness - ABC News

This is a great video. I love when people have the courage to speak out about their mental illness. I have a tendency to lay it all out there which exposes me a little too much at times. When I do that I am opening the door for judgment and criticism and possibly the loss of friends. I will take that risk. I know personally how helpful it is to be validated and understood by those who live with the illness. It is critical for us to support one another in our difficult individual journeys. The more it is addressed publicly the more we will be understood by society.

Click on the title to watch the video

No comments:

Post a Comment