Sunday, May 3, 2009

Broken Things to Mend


"I speak to those who are facing personal trials and family struggles, those who endure conflicts fought in the lonely foxholes of the heart, those trying to hold back flood waters of despair that sometimes wash over us like a tsunami of the soul. I wish to speak to you who feel your lives are broken, seemingly beyond repair. To all such I offer the surest and sweetest remedy that I know. It is found in the clarion call the Savior of the world Himself gave. He said to everyone, whatever their personal problems might be: "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." "He is saying to us, trust me, learn of me, do what I do. Then, when you walk where I am going, we can talk about where you are going, and the problems you face and the troubles you have. If you follow me, I will lead you out of darkness, I will give you answers to your prayers. I will give rest to you souls."

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment