Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Power of Words

words are flying at me faster than
i can successfully dodge,
hitting me with the force of paintball pellets.
quickly i am shamed and covered in red.
i am finding that words have more power
than given credit for,
and i am drowning in their meaning.
would it benefit me
to return them to the sender,
or would the attempt to protect myself
be a price too high to pay?
the words imply that i am weak
and lacking in willpower,
just as i always suspected.
"you should, but you won't."
"you could, but you don't."
please, listen to me.
i would... but i can't.
i will admit that the blame
for my actions stop here.
i could try to pass it on, but i won't.
i should fight to let go, but i don't.
i would...but i can't.
the words no longer fly,
for they have landed at my feet.
i wish that the responsibility
would move on beyond me
but when have my wishes ever
been taken into consideration?
Like they say, the buck stops here...
with me, and your words.

dina marie
may 2006
src="http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54487/189/E395F5EC87518290A28922577BF04117.png" style="border: 0 !important; background: transparent;"/>

No comments:

Post a Comment