Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Crazy Carousel


the carousel never stops.
no one gets on,
no one gets off.
i ride alone.
round and round it goes
as the shiny brass poles
move up and down
in one continuous, eternal circle.
this crazy carousel
is a ride of madness,
my ride straight from hell.
familiar faces encircle
the beautifully created structure;
their smiles blurring together
as i grow disillusioned
with the realities of my life.
others determine that i must
enjoy the ride
or i would remove myself from the
brightly painted pony
i sit astride.
do not think that i chose this lunacy.
i was not consulted before
the ride was set in motion,
for i would have declined
the deceptive enticement
of my childhood dreams.
i have grown weary of this
never-ending journey.
please stop this crazy carousel
and let me get off.
is there any that would like
to take my place?
maybe you will enjoy the ride
more than i,
or maybe the carousel will stop...
for you.

dina marie
march 2006

2 comments:

  1. a carousel, what a great metaphor, up and down and round and round!!! awesome poem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand this poem! You are so talented! I'm really impressed and I've enjoyed reading your poems and feelings. You're not alone, girl. You got me! : ) I love ya!

    ReplyDelete