Sunday, May 3, 2009

crazy

questions race through my mind
faster than i am able to follow.
the "whys" have become an obsession,
a fixation that cannot be satisfied.
i am totally immersed in the
inexplicable madness that consumes
every level of my consciousness.
i have an invariable question
that has plagued me for as long
as my mind can recall;
"can crazy people go to heaven?"
if not, am i consigned to my hell
in not only this world,
but the hereafter as well?
my current state of mind
tells me it is so.
yet, what of those living in their
seemingly reasonable worlds,
unaware of their own insanity?
show me the line that divides
the sane from the mad.
prove that i differ from the rest.
anything less will not be sufficient
for my brain of no reason,
my mind of confusion.
the heavens will be empty and silent
if only the sane are allowed to enter.
my current state of mind
tells me it is so.

dina marie
march 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment